Microsoft's .NET architecture is revolutionizing Internet application development. This course will teach students how to master building data-driven Web applications and services with ASP.net, the next generation of Microsoft Active Server Pages technology.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Successfully design the architecture of ASP.net applications
- Write ASP.net applications in VB.net, the successor to Visual Basic and VBScript (the course is also available using C# if required)
- Create Web forms with ASP.net Form Controls
- Work with ASP.net Server Controls to validate and process form submissions and perform other vital tasks
- Build database-driven applications with ASP.net and ADO.net
- Produce XML data from your ASP.net applications, and utilize ASP.net to parse XML data and store it in a database
- Declare and control Web applications with global.asax
- Maintain state for each user via ASP.net session management
- Understand the role of Web services and build your first data-driven Web services
- Successfully debug and deploy your ASP.net applications.